Thursday, May 13, 2010

CONNECTIONS

It was the best birthday ever. The sorrow of stepping really close to 25 was taken over by a surge of surprises. Whoever needs boy friends when you have an awesome lot of friends pulling the best surprise ever on your birthday? No boyfriend ever will be able to do this.

And today someone else is where I was last week. He came to my birthday in one of his avatars but he will not see me in his. So this post is for him.

He plays the role of someone I probably love more than him but he is not him. He is someone else different from what he plays on screen. He is not as beautiful as him but he is beautiful in his own way.

His eyes are the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. I could use the same words that Bassanio uses to describe Portia's eyes in Merchant of Venice.

There is more to him than just the beauty of his face. And it makes me very very curious. This man who shot to fame and is loved by all has some lurking sadness within him. Either this is true or he is just a great actor!

We do have some link. We came to the world at the same time. We formed into our being simultaneously, though I was faster than him. We were created at the same time.

There is some connect. I don't want to marry him at present. I will be more than happy to see him with the girl they say he is currently dating.

But I want to sit somewhere and talk to him. Listen to all the theories he has about life. And maybe he would like to listen to some of mine. Then give each other a high five and go our ways. If we are meant to be together then we would probably meet again.

For once I am being realistic. Age does that to you.

2 comments:

  1. A little late landing on your blog to wish you a very happy Birthday!! Many more happiest returns of this Special Day..

    ReplyDelete